'Copernicia' - Asosiashon di Patfenderei di Adultos di Curaçao is the official National Fellowship of Scouts and Guides, an organisation for adults founded in 1985.
Based on the Scout/Guide ideals, its essential purpose is to assist its members to maintain the values learned in the youth movements, to give service within their communities, to encourage continuous personal development and to support Scouting and Guiding on a world, national and local level. We are open to former members of the Scout and Guide organisations, and to adults who did not get the opportunity when young to be Scouts and Guides.
WHAT ACTIVITIES THE ADULT SCOUTS AND GUIDES DO?
- OUTDOOR ACTIVITIES,
- EXCURSIONS AND WALKS,
- NATIONAL AND INTERNATIONAL ENCOUNTERS WITH OTHER ADULT SCOUTS AND GUIDES,
- COMMUNITY SERVICES,
- SOCIAL PROJECTS,
- CULTURAL VISITS,
- CAMP FIRES AND SOCIAL EVENINGS,
AND MUCH MORE!
But above all the important thing is to have fun and have good times doing good turns, while as Lord Robert Baden - Powell, our Founder said: "Leave this world a little better than you found it".
BE PREPARED in our way of being and acting, we are men and women
volunteers willing to transfer to society our attitude of service and to work to transform the society in which we live, applying the code of conduct extracted from the fulfillment of the Law and Promise Scout and Guide.
- Cooperation to the ISGF Haiti Project
- Project - Working towards Increase of membership
- Project - Rehabilitation Curaçao
- Project - Kingsday Flea market for Community Projects
Since our foundation we have defined ourselves as an organization:
- ACCESSIBLE AND OPEN to all without distinction of race, gender, nationality or creed.
- DEMOCRATIC in its principles, in its values and in its practices and structures.
- VOLUNTARY in their commitment and belonging.
- INDEPENDENT. Only subjected to the guidelines of the international organization to which it belongs (ISGF) and to the collaboration agreements that could be determined.
- SECULAR. Respecting any religious or spiritual manifestation and any belief of a personal nature, as long as it does not conflict with the scout ethic and guide.
- DEFENDER OF LIFE AND COMMITTED TO THE DEFENSE OF HUMAN RIGHTS, especially when it comes to the most defenseless and vulnerable.
- RESPECTFUL AND CONSERVATIVE OF THE ENVIRONMENT, from the conviction that a proactive attitude in its defense will help us to improve the world.
- TOLERANT AND RESPECTFUL with others.
- COMMITTED especially to the most disadvantaged and to groups at risk of social exclusion.
- SOLIDARY in the tasks of support and assistance to the victims of any humanitarian catastrophe inside or outside our borders.
We are Full Members of the International Scout and Guide Fellowship (ISGF, AISG in French and Spanish) and therefore we adhere to the fulfillment of its mission, vision and principles.